At Duarte Nursery we strive to provide a clean, high-quality product to setup growers for success. Our containerized trees and vines help with sanitation and allow for an extended planting season. However, our nursery efforts can not solely combat the evolving issue of climate change. Irregularities among plantings are becoming more problematic and significant and we believe climate change plays a role in this. These changes are likely a global pattern but we are particularly interested in California’s Central Valley. We encourage growers to read through some of the literature below from trusted providers to better understand the impact climate change could have on trees and vines.
- UC Davis Chill Calculator
- The Almond Doctor-Is Last Year’s Warm Winter the New Normal? By Katherine Pope
- The Almond Doctor-Winter Chill Reduction from Climate Change? By David Doll
- The Almond Doctor-2018 Spring Update By David Doll
- UC Davis- Monterey and the Leafing Failure 2020: What are we seeing?
- UC ANR-Monterey Almonds and Leafing Failure: What could be Causing It?